2012 - 2016: Doctor of Sciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Thesis: "Southern Ocean response to recent changes in surface freshwater fluxes"
2009 - 2011: MSc in
Meteorology, Physical Oceanography and Climate
(Cum Laude), Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
Thesis: "Dynamical Interaction between Atmosphere and Sea Ice in Antarctica"
- 2005 - 2009: BSc in Geosciences, Major in Geography, University of Basel, Switzerland
- 2000 - 2004: Matura, Kantonsschule Wettingen, Switzerland
- Since 2017: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Princeton University, USA and the British Antarctic Survey, UK.
- 2012 - 2017: Research assistant at ETH Zürich, Environmental Physics, Switzerland.
- 2011 - 2012: Research associate at Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Sea Ice in the Earth System, Hamburg, Germany.
- 2011: Full-time student assistant in Ice and Climate group at IMAU, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 2010 - 2011: Student assistant in the laboratory at IMAU, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 2008 - 2009: Research associate at Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Regional Climate Modelling, Hamburg, Germany.
- 2008: Research internship at Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Potsdam, Germany.
- 2007: Student assistant at Institute of Physical Geography and Environmental Change , Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Basel, Switzerland.
- 2018: Advising Junior Project and PEI Summer Intern, Princeton University, USA
- 2014 - 2015: MSc thesis advisor of Samuel Eberenz, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- 2013 - 2015: Tutor for Introduction to Physical Oceanography, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- 2013: Tutor for Term paper writing, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Prix de Quervain
- ETH Medal for Outstanding Doctoral theses
- SNF Early Postdoc.Mobility Fellowship
- NSF travel award to POLAR2018/SCAR Open Science Conference
- Poster award at the 15th Swiss Global Change Day
for Journal of Climate, Geophysical Research Letters, Journal of Geophysical Research, The Cryosphere
- 2015: Workshop on Presentation Techniques, ETH Zürich.
- 2013: 12th International Swiss Climate Summer School "From Climate Reconstructions to Climate Predictions"
- 2012: Workshop on Advanced Scientific Writing, IMPRS-ESM, Hamburg.
- 2011: ResClim Summer School in Svalbard: Role of Sea Ice in Climate System.
- 2010: Workshop, Fokuz Marine Master Course, NIOZ, Texel.
- 2009: Summer School at Utrecht University: Physics of the Climate System.
- 2006 - 2009: Certificate studies in Astronomy at Basel Advanced Study Centre.