2012 - 2016: Doctor of Sciences, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
Thesis: "Southern Ocean response to recent changes in surface freshwater fluxes"
2009 - 2011: MSc in
Meteorology, Physical Oceanography and Climate
(Cum Laude), Utrecht University, the Netherlands.
Thesis: "Dynamical Interaction between Atmosphere and Sea Ice in Antarctica"
- 2005 - 2009: BSc in Geosciences, Major in Geography, University of Basel, Switzerland
- 2000 - 2004: Matura, Kantonsschule Wettingen, Switzerland
- Since 2017: Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Princeton University, USA.
- 2017: Visiting Postdoc at the British Antarctic Survey, UK.
- 2012 - 2017: Research assistant at ETH Zürich, Environmental Physics, Switzerland.
- 2011 - 2012: Research associate at Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Sea Ice in the Earth System, Hamburg, Germany.
- 2011: Student assistant in Ice and Climate group at IMAU, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 2010 - 2011: Student assistant in the laboratory at IMAU, University of Utrecht, the Netherlands.
- 2008 - 2009: Research associate at Max Planck Institute for Meteorology, Regional Climate Modelling, Hamburg, Germany.
- 2008: Research internship at Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research, Potsdam, Germany.
- 2007: Student assistant at Institute of Physical Geography and Environmental Change , Department of Environmental Sciences, University of Basel, Switzerland.
- 2018: Tutor for Chemical Oceanography, Princeton University, USA
- 2018: Advising Junior Project and PEI Summer Intern, Princeton University, USA
- 2014 - 2015: MSc thesis advisor of Samuel Eberenz, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- 2013 - 2015: Tutor for Introduction to Physical Oceanography, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- 2013: Tutor for Term paper writing, ETH Zürich, Switzerland
- Prix de Quervain
- ETH Medal for Outstanding Doctoral theses
- SNF Early Postdoc.Mobility Fellowship
- NSF travel award to POLAR2018/SCAR Open Science Conference
- Poster award at the 15th Swiss Global Change Day
for Journal of Climate, Geophysical Research Letters, Journal of Geophysical Research, The Cryosphere, Global Biogeochemical Cycles, Bulletin of the American Meteorological Society, Nature, IPCC
- 2017: Participation in the Antarctic Circumnavigation Expedition.
- 2015: Workshop on Presentation Techniques, ETH Zürich.
- 2013: 12th International Swiss Climate Summer School "From Climate Reconstructions to Climate Predictions"
- 2012: Workshop on Advanced Scientific Writing, IMPRS-ESM, Hamburg.
- 2011: ResClim Summer School in Svalbard: Role of Sea Ice in Climate System.
- 2010: Workshop, Fokuz Marine Master Course, NIOZ, Texel.
- 2009: Summer School at Utrecht University: Physics of the Climate System.
- 2006 - 2009: Certificate studies in Astronomy at Basel Advanced Study Centre.